Parsa Wildlife Reserve
Parsa Wildlife Reserve comprises parts of Chitwan, Makawanpur, Parsa and Bara districts and is located to the east of Chitwan National Park. Since it lies in the lowland Terai, it has a sub-tropical monsoon climate that provides a perfect habitat to a large variety of wildlife species. Once a hunting ground for the ruling class people, this region is now Nepal’s largest wildlife reserve with an area of 499 sq. kilometers.
The bioclimatic conditions of Parsa Wildlife Reserve makes it a suitable home for a diverse range of plant and animal species. It’s believed that a lot of the adult tigers from Chitwan National Park end up here. Major animals found here include the jungle giant’s elephants, tiger, sloth bear, and leopard. Other regular sightings of wildlife include Blue bull, Sambar, Chital, Hog deer, Barking deer, langur, Rhesus macaques, striped hyena, Jungle cat, and Palm civet. The tropical climate provides habitat to many species of snakes, including King cobra, common cobra, Krait, Rat snake and the Python.
There are nearly 300 species of birds in the reserve. Giant hornbill, peafowl, red jungle fowl, flycatchers and woodpeckers are the major of them. You also get to see the white breasted kingfisher, paradise flycatcher, large racquet-tailed drongo, Golden-backed woodpecker, and even the endangered Giant hornbill species. The abundance of flora and fauna makes Parsa Wildlife reserve a hub for eco-tourists and wildlife enthusiasts.
Activities in Parsa Wildlife Reserve include Elephant safaries, jeep safaris, and jungle walks. The reserve headquarters for Parsa are located at Adabar on the Hetauda-Birganj highway. Parsa is easily accessible from Kathmandu and is connected by daily flights to Simra and buses that ply regularly on the national highway. It is one of the definite places to consider during your trip to Nepal.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
- Day 02: Flight/Drive from Kathmandu to Parsa
- Day 03: Parsa wildlife reserve safari
- Day 04: Flight/Drive - Kathmandu
- Day 05: Departure day
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
Thank you for choosing Parsa wildlife reserve as your next adventure destination! On this day you arrive to Kathmandu and we transfer you to your accommodation. You rest and rejuvenate for days to come. You can as well explore the surrounding and get to know a little about the country and culture.
Day 02: Flight/Drive from Kathmandu to Parsa
After breakfast, we take a scenic drive to Parsa for 8 hours along with the bank of the river and overnight at hotel with full board meals.
Day 03: Parsa wildlife reserve safari
On this day after breakfast we explore whole day parsa wildlife reserve activities with elephant ride, jungle walk, cannoe ride, watching species of birds, and traditional programme with full board meals and stay overnight at hotel.
Day 04: Flight/Drive - Kathmandu
Transfer to hotel overnight at kathmandu.
Day 05: Departure day
Today Karma Eco Adventure's respected staff will drop you at airport to fly back your home as per your flight ticket.
- Airport pickup and drop by private vehicle (depends on group size).
- Highly an experienced tour guide.
- 3 nights hotel accommodation at 2/3 star category in Kathmandu inclusive breakfast.
- Both way flight/tourist bus/private jeep transportation from kathmandu to Chitwan to Kathmandu.
- Two nights hotels accomodation in parsa with full board meals inclusive tea/coffee.
- All jungle and tour activities as above mentioned an itinerary.
- All entry fees & government tax.
- International airfare.
- Nepal visa.
- Your Travel Insurance.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Personal equipment.
- Tips for tour guide and driver.
- Items of a personal nature such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry.
- Other expenses which are not mentioned on price include.
|Trip Start Date||Trip End Date||Price||Availability||Book|