Sikles Village Trek
Sometimes getting lost in the right direction and taking the path that has been less travelled is the best decisions in life, if you are favorite things include seeing destinations less frequently travelled. Sikles village trek is amongst the easy trekking destinations, which is very less traveled and in its pristine state which lies in the most classical region of Annapurna.
Sikles is a village located at hilltop above Madi Khola parallel to Annapurna I, at an elevation of (1980m). Sikles village trek is predominantly inhabited by the indigenous community of Gurungs alike the entire region, and when In Sikles you live like a local, eat like a local and sleep like a local. Amongst one of the most extremely well kept traditional villages in Nepal also maintains primitive country elegance which practices eco tourism. Clean rooms in the locally built mud and stone huts, fresh meals of daal bhat made out of fresh local produce and warm hospitality is Tourism heritage of the sikles village trek.
Trails encompassed in and out through the forest of beautiful national flower, Rhododendron, crafts an attractive dwelling for different mixture of birds. This virgin destination for short treks in Nepal is now slowly picking up as a bird lovers hub as well.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
- Day 02: Trek Preparation and shopping
- Day 03: Kathmandu - Pokhara
- Day 04: Pokhara - Kalikasthan - Lamakhet
- Day 05: Lamakhet - Sikles
- Day 06: Sikles Excursion (Tara hilltop) 3460m
- Day 07: Sikles - Tangting (1580m)
- Day 08: Tangting - Chansu - Yanjakot
- Day 09: Yanjakot - Kalikastan - Pokhara
- Day 10: Pokhara - Kathmandu
- Day 11: Depature from Kathmandu
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
Thank you for choosing Sikles trek with Ghale Gaun as your next adventure destination! On this day you arrive to Kathmandu and we transfer you to your accommodation. You rest and rejuvenate for days to come. You can as well explore the surrounding and get to know a little about the country and culture.
Day 02: Trek Preparation and shopping
You will meet your trek leader on this day and he would brief you about trekking in Nepal and your chosen destination. Meanwhile, the back office staff will prepare all required permits for your trekking. later in the day, you will do the last minute shopping for your trekking along with your guide. While our back office staff get ready preparing permits from the government offices, our guides help you get acquainted with the country by taking you to the most happening market in Kathmandu.
Day 03: Kathmandu - Pokhara
On this day we have our breakfast by 6:00 a.m. in the morning and head towards tourist Bus Park at Thamel and board a tourist bus to Pokhara. The bus ride will take around 7 hours through curvy roads of hilly terrain with couple of breaks in between for snacks and lunch. The drive to Pokhara on one of the major highways is exhilarating with beautiful views of never leaving tributaries, lush green hills and roadside settlements.
Day 04: Pokhara - Kalikasthan - Lamakhet
We hop on a bus early morning and head towards Kalikasthan. Normally a private vehicle would take around an hour, whereas a bus would take half an hour in addition. The first part of the ride is on National highway and until Vijaypur and from vijaypur we embark on the road to Kalikasthan. 90% of the bus ride is on blacktopped road. From Kalikasthan we officially begin our Sikles Ghale Gaun tour on foot. We make a short climb to Campsite of Kalikasthan. We further head up to Lamakhet via trails that makes its way through the extended terrace farms. We often come across the jeep track recently opened on the ridge of Kalikasthan. The trail is rather flat and isn’t much demanding but however we climb all the way to Mardi Khola in the beginning and walk along the river on flatter trail all the way to Lamakhet. We spend overnight in Lamakhet.
Day 05: Lamakhet - Sikles
From Lamakhet the trail is very flat and only in couple of places it inclines gradually until we reach Khilan Gaun and Madi Khola. Madi Khola is a site to watch, as one can see kingfishers and other birds in abundance, trying to make the catch of the day. Once we cross Madi Khola the trail gets a little tough and it gets more steeper and only uphill and until we reach the village of Sikles. It takes around 6 hours for us to reach Sikles from Lamakhet. Overnight in Sikles village.
Day 06: Sikles Excursion (Tara hilltop) 3460m
Sikles village is one of the largest and oldest ethnic village in the region and deserves an additional day for excursion. We start early in the morning by heading towards a close viewpoint famous as Tara hilltop and it takes around 4 hours to reach there. The entire trail is uphill and through a very dense forest. You will come across countless species of birds, whereas langur monkeys are common sightings. The trail is accompanied by monsoon streams at the time of year. After spending sometime at the viewpoint we will follow the same route back to Sikles and spend another night in here.
Day 07: Sikles - Tangting (1580m)
We begin pure downhill immediately out of Sikles village and all the way to Madkyu khola. After crossing the river we begin uphill walk and sheer uphill all the way up to Tangting village. It takes around 5 hours to reach Tangting village. From the village we can enjoy the mountain panorama of Lamjung Himal, Annapurna II, III, IV. The view of Sikles village as well on the adjacent hill is very beautiful. Overnight in Tangting village.
Day 08: Tangting - Chansu - Yanjakot
We begin on single track immediately out of Tangtung and all the way to Chansu. The trail is more flatter and is easy downtrack. From Chansu we walk on jeep all the way to Sabi, for around half an hour. In between we as well meet some small patches of forest. From Sabi we start climbing for around another 2 hours until we arrive Yanjakot. We call it a day in Yanjakot.
Day 09: Yanjakot - Kalikastan - Pokhara
We begin downhill from Yanjakot and all the way to Bhaise. The downhill is rather gradual than knee hurting. We make our way through small patches of forest, some terrace farms and small houses very often. Once we reach Bhaise we climb for one last time until Kalikasthan ridge, from where we board a vehicle to Pokhara.
Day 10: Pokhara - Kathmandu
The bus ride takes around 7 hours to Kathmandu. The bus traverses through beautiful lush green hills and views of mountains (only in season). Once we reach Kathmandu we transfer you to your accommodation and hence officially come to the end of sikles trek.
Day 11: Depature from Kathmandu
We drop you as per our commitment in international airport.
- Airport pickup and drop by private vehicle (depends on the group size).
- Welcome dinner at typical Nepalese restaurant in Kathmandu.
- 2 nights hotel accommodation at 3 star category in Kathmandu inclusive breakfast.
- 2 nights Hotel accomodation in pokhara inclusive breakfast, food is not included.
- All government and local taxes.
- A comprehensive medical kit.
- Highly an experienced Trekking Guide and Porters for each pax.
- All accommodations on the trails and full board meals during the trek (staple meal of Daal Bhat for lunch and dinner or any one item from the menu ).
- Best available local lodges/Teahouse in mountain.
- Accidental and medical Insurance of Nepaleese staffs.
- Both way tourist bus/private jeep transportation from Kathmandu to Pokhara to Kathmandu.
- Certificate of trek Completion.
- Travel and rescue insurance.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, mineral water etc).
- Nepal entry visa fee and airport tax during the departure.
- Lunch & Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara Hotel
- Nepal visa which obtained at the airport on arrival (4 copies of passport size photo).
- In case of natural calamities i.e. political unrest, cancellation of flight due to weather, landslides etc the extra charge should be borne by themselves.
- Anything else that is not mentioned on what is included.
- Tips for trekking crews.