Dhorpatan Hunting Reserve
Dhorpatan Hunting Reserve is Nepal’s one and only legal hunting reserve till date. Established in 1987, it covers parts of Rukum, Baglung and Myagdi districts, spanning over an area of 1325 square km. Canopied by one of the tallest mountains, the Dhaulagiri, Dhorpatan ranges at an altitude of 2,850 to 5,500 m (9,350 to 18,040 ft) and has been an ideal destination for hunting enthusiasts.
Dhorpatan was launched as a canned hunting spot, with an intention of encouraging sport tourism in the area. It is one of the main habitats of Blue Sheep, a highly prized trophy animal and a major target for the hunters. Other species include ghoral, serow, Himalayan tahr, black bear, pheasant and partridge, whereas musk deer, wolf, red panda and cheer pheasant are enlisted as the endangered species of the area.
The reserve is divided into six blocks for hunting management purposes and is characterized by alpine, sub alpine, and high temperate vegetation. Hunting here requires special permits, which is issued by the Department of National Parks and Wildlife Conservation in Kathmandu. Dhorpatan is also an enticing destination for the trekkers and wildlife conservationists as objective protection has gradually ascended animal counts in this sparsely visited area.
Entry Fees into Dhorpatan Hunting Reserve:
- Children under 10 years free
- Nepali Nationals Rs 20
- For SAARC Nationalities Rs 200
- For Foreign Nationalities Rs 500
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu.
- Day 02: Trek Preparation and shopping.
- Day 03: Kathmandu - Pokhara-Beni Darbang.
- Day 04: Beni Darbang to Dharapani(1,575m).
- Day 05: Dharapani to Lamsung.
- Day 06: Lamsung to tallo jaljale.
- Day 07: Tallo jaljale to Dhorpatan.
- Day 08: Animal Spotting Day.
- Day 09: Drive back to Pokhara.
- Day 10: Drive to Kathmandu.
- Day 11: Departure your destination.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu.
Thank you for choosing Dhorpatan Hunting Reserve as your next adventure destination! On this day you arrive to Kathmandu and we transfer you to your accommodation. You rest and rejuvenate for days to come. You can as well explore the surrounding and get to know a little about the country and culture.
Day 02: Trek Preparation and shopping.
You will meet your trek leader on this day and he would brief you about trekking in Nepal and your chosen destination. Meanwhile, the back office staff will prepare all required permits for your adventure. later in the day, you will do the last minute shopping for your adventure along with your guide. While our back office staff get ready preparing permits from the government offices, our guides help you get acquainted with the country by taking you to the most happening market in Kathmandu.
Day 03: Kathmandu - Pokhara-Beni Darbang.
On this day we have our breakfast by 6:00 a.m. in the morning and head towards tourist Bus Park at Thamel and board a tourist bus to Pokhara-Beni Darbang. The bus ride will take around 7 hours through curvy roads of hilly terrain with couple of breaks in between for snacks and lunch. The drive to Beni Darbang on one of the major highways is exhilarating with beautiful views of never leaving tributaries, lush green hills and roadside settlements.
Day 04: Beni Darbang to Dharapani(1,575m).
On the way to Dharapani in Dabang locals are expert to make Khukuri. It is popular weapon of Nepal. each and every person has carried this khukuri for their daily basis work out. from this beautiful village we can see dhaulagiri himal ranges as well.
Day 05: Dharapani to Lamsung.
Day 06: Lamsung to tallo jaljale.
Day 07: Tallo jaljale to Dhorpatan.
Day 08: Animal Spotting Day.
Day 09: Drive back to Pokhara.
Day 10: Drive to Kathmandu.
Day 11: Departure your destination.
- Airport pickup and drop by private vehicle (depends on group size).
- 3 nights hotel accommodation at 3 star category in Kathmandu inclusive breakfast.
- Welcome dinner at typical Nepalese restaurant in Kathmandu.
- All government and local taxes and company service charge.
- Best available twin sharing Tea house/Lodge accommodation with full board meal during the trek.
- A comprehensive medical kit.
- Highly an experienced trekking Guide and potters for each pax.
- 2 nights hotel rooms in Pokhara but food is not included.
- Accidental and medical Insurance of Nepalese staffs.
- Tourist Bus/Jeep transportation from Kathmandu to Pokhara to Kathmandu.
- Certificate of trek Completion.
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, mineral water etc).
- In case of natural calamities i.e. political unrest, cancellation of flight due to weather, landslides etc the extra charge should be borne by themselves.
- Nepal visa which obtained at the airport on arrival (4 copies of passport size photo).
- Lunch & Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara Hotel.
- Nepal entry visa fee and airport tax during the departure.
- Tips for trekking crews.
- Anything else that is not mentioned on what is included.
No reviews available for this package.