Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Annapurna base camp trek was shortly opened after the circuit and it is equally beautiful trekking trail in Nepal. It does not reach to the height of the circuit in terms of elevation but in terms of mountain panorama and cultural showcasing it will not fail to set a benchmark. In case of time crunch you can finish the trek within a week’s time and in case of liberty in time, you can take as long as a month. There are several other treks which can be weaved along with this trail, making it one of the long treks as well.
The Annapurna base camp trek begins from Nayapul at around 1200 meters from the sea level and reaches to the zenith of Annapurna base camp trek which lies at around 4130 meters. You will never walk alone in the trail as you will have wonderful set of indigenous people waiting in their tea houses. The trail, throughout, is inhabited and in comparison to most of the treks in Nepal, has better facilities. No doubt that you will be into the wild but you will most of the time have cellular network and will also have internet connection.
Talking about the scenery, you will be fortunate enough to see beautiful mountains from several viewpoints and not just the Annapurna or the fishtail but many others. You will as well experience walking through a very dense forest of rhododendron, fir, birch and bamboo, creating canopies. You will walk along with mules and herd of ships and goat and cross the rustic suspension bridges. If lucky enough, you will see orchids blossom, ferns and few black faced monkeys namely Langoor. There are several other species of wild flowers, animals and birds you will witness if you lookout with all eyes.
Annapurna base camp trek entirely falls in the Annapurna conservation area and hence eco tourism is practices. Whereas, the inhabitant of this area are primarily Gurung. Gurungs have small eyes, round face and flat nose and are famed as the Gurkha soldiers. Their houses are made from stone sates and tinned roofs and above all warm hearts.
Overall, this trek is a win win trek and will win your hearts in terms of culture, wildlife and the mountain scenery. Book this trek today!
- Day 01: Arrival and Hotel/Hostel Transfer
- Day 02: Trek preparation and last minute shopping
- Day 03: Bus to Pokhara(8,20m/2,690ft)
- Day 04: Drive to Nayapul and trek to Ghandruk(1,940m/6,360 ft): 5 - 6 hours
- Day 05: Ghandruk to Chhomrong (2,170m/7,120ft): 5 - 6 hours
- Day 06: Chomrong to Himalaya(2,310m/7,578ft): 4 - 5 hours
- Day 07: Himalaya to Machhapuchhre Base Camp(3,700m/12,139ft): 4 -5 hours
- Day 08: MBC to ABC (4,130m/13,550ft): 3 – 4 hours
- Day 09: ABC to Bamboo(2,310m/7,579ft): 5 – 6 hours
- Day 10: Bamboo to Jhinu dada(1,780m/5,840ft): 5 – 6 Hours
- Day 11: Jhinu dada to Nayapul to pokhara(820m/2,690ft): 4 hours of walk, 1.5 hours of jeep ride.
- Day 12: Pokhara to Kathmandu
- Day 13: Departure your destination.
Day 01: Arrival and Hotel/Hostel Transfer
Thank you for choosing Annapurna base camp trek as your next adventure destination! On this day you arrive to Kathmandu and we transfer you to your accommodation. You rest and rejuvenate for days to come. You can as well explore the surrounding and get to know a little about the country and culture.
Day 02: Trek preparation and last minute shopping
You will meet your trek leader on this day and he would brief you about trekking in Nepal and your chosen destination. Meanwhile, the back office staff will prepare all required permits for your trekking. later in the day, you will do the last minute shopping for your trekking along with your guide. While our back office staff get ready preparing permits from the government offices, our guides help you get acquainted with the country by taking you to the most happening market in Kathmandu.
Day 03: Bus to Pokhara(8,20m/2,690ft)
On this day we have our breakfast by 6:00 a.m. in the morning and head towards tourist Bus Park at Thamel and board a tourist bus to Pokhara. The bus ride will take around 7 hours through curvy roads of hilly terrain with couple of breaks in between for snacks and lunch. The drive to Pokhara on one of the major highways is exhilarating with beautiful views of never leaving tributaries, lush green hills and roadside settlements.
Day 04: Drive to Nayapul and trek to Ghandruk(1,940m/6,360 ft): 5 - 6 hours
We head out early on curvy country road for around 1.5 hours until we reach Nayapul. The trek on foot starts from here and as soon as we cross the confluence of Modi river over a rustic bridge. Once on foot and half an hour later we get our permits checked in the village of Birethanti and move further. The first day of trek is easy compared with days to come and very short. With breaks in between, we trek for 4 hours, until we arrive at Ghandruk. The difficult section is the 2500 man made steps all the way to Ghandruk. Overnight in Ghandruk.
Day 05: Ghandruk to Chhomrong (2,170m/7,120ft): 5 - 6 hours
On a clear day we wake up with splendid views of Annapurna South, Hiunchuli and Machhapuchhre, from Ghandruk. We ascend for the first 2 and half hours to Kimrong Dada and then steeply descend 2 hours to Kimrong Khola and then finally accent on famous steps to Chomrong for 3 hours. Most of the walking is done in lush green subtropical forest. Overnight in Chhomrong.
Day 06: Chomrong to Himalaya(2,310m/7,578ft): 4 - 5 hours
Today is one of the difficult days in the Annapurna base camp trek and one of the longest, with multiple ascents. Starting the day early, it would take around 8 hours to reach himalaya. As soon as we embark on the trails from Chomrong we walk steep downhill until an old suspension bridge. After the bridge we walk on steep hills, on man crafted beautiful slate trails for over 2 hours until we reach bamboo. In this section of the trail we often walk through dense forest of bamboo, oak, rhododendron and dotted fern. Further down the trail, after lunch, we walk for just over 3 hours to reach Himalaya. Bamboo to Dovan and dovan to Himalaya as well is uphill walk. Overnight in Himalaya.
Day 07: Himalaya to Machhapuchhre Base Camp(3,700m/12,139ft): 4 -5 hours
We start the day by hiking a pleasant ascend, making our way through streams and falls until a steep ascend to Hinku and further small but steep hike to Deurali. Immediately after Deurali, the damp trees of lush green forest change into more dry and grassy land. The trail is more relaxed from here onwards but undergoes one of the most adventurous section being it prone to avalanche. The views of distant Machhapuchhre becomes more dominant and we get the first glimpse of majestic Annapurna. On this day we start to feel the effect of altitude. Overnight at Machhapuchhre base camp.
Day 08: MBC to ABC (4,130m/13,550ft): 3 – 4 hours
The trek to Annapurna base camp (ABC) from Machhapuchhre base Camp (MBC) takes over 2.5 hours. The walk is basically easier compared to days earlier and the incline is gradual. The views of Hiunchuli, Annapurna Dakshin, Annapurna I, Tent Peak, Annapurna II, Gangapurna, Barasinga, Machhapuchhre and few others is very impressive. Overnight at ABC
Day 09: ABC to Bamboo(2,310m/7,579ft): 5 – 6 hours
After taking breakfast at regular time, we trek the same route to Annapurna base camp on the previous day. We first head to MBC followed by Deurali, Himalaya, Dovan and finally Bamboo. We descend for almost 7 hours until we reach Bamboo. Alike every day, we take frequent breaks in between the initial point and final destination. After a long day on trails we rest at a teahouse in Bamboo.
Day 10: Bamboo to Jhinu dada(1,780m/5,840ft): 5 – 6 Hours
Down through the rivers, crossing streams and bridges and steep uphill for almost 1 hour, we enjoy majority of our trails through lush green forest. Most of this day's walk is on flat trails with gentle up’s and down’s except for one final steep climb for half an hour to Chomrong. We take steep trail downwards from Chomrong to Jhinu danda where waits natural hot springs. We have possibility of enjoying the natural hot springs and rejuvenating for the rest of our journey.
Day 11: Jhinu dada to Nayapul to pokhara(820m/2,690ft): 4 hours of walk, 1.5 hours of jeep ride.
From Jhinu Danda the trails are easier, ascend and descend is very effortless. We make our way through rustic bridges, patch of villages and jeep tracks. We finally checkout from ACAP at Birethanti and walk around 15 minutes to Nayapul At Nayapul we board our vehicle and drive an hour back to Pokhara. By the time we reach Pokhara it is around 5, we can enjoy walking around the Phewa Lake or rest, as per our preference.
Day 12: Pokhara to Kathmandu
The bus ride takes around 7 hours to Kathmandu. The bus traverses through beautiful lush green hills and views of mountains (only in season). Once we reach Kathmandu we transfer you to your accommodation and hence officially come to the end of Annapurna base camp trek.
Day 13: Departure your destination.
- Airport pickup and drop by private vehicle (depends on the group size).
- Welcome dinner at typical Nepalese restaurant in Kathmandu.
- 2 nights hotel accommodation at 3 star category in Kathmandu inclusive breakfast.
- 2 nights Hotel accomodation in pokhara inclusive breakfast, food is not included.
- All government, local taxes and company service charge.
- A comprehensive medical kit.
- Highly an experienced Trekking Guide, Assistant Guide, Cook, assistant cook and Porters.
- All accommodations on the trails and full board meals during the trek (staple meal of Daal Bhat for lunch and dinner or any one item from the menu).
- Best available local lodges/Teahouse in mountain.
- Accidental and medical Insurance of Nepalese staffs.
- Both way private bus/jeep transportation from Kathmandu to Pokhara to Kathmandu.
- Certificate of trek Completion.
- Travel and rescue insurance.
- Lunch & Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara Hotel.
- Nepal visa which obtained at the airport on arrival (4 copies of passport size photo).
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, mineral water etc).
- Nepal entry visa fee and airport tax during the departure.
- In case of natural calamities i.e. political unrest, cancellation of flight due to weather, landslides etc the extra charge should be borne by themselves.
- Tips for trekking staffs.
- Note: Hotel & airfare rates might increase in-between than now given prices.
- Anything else that is not mentioned on what is included.
No reviews available for this package.